Wednesday 6 August 2014

The Liebster Award

I am so happy and slightly shocked to find out that I've been nominated for a Liebster award! It really does feel great to be recognised and know that the hard work does pay off and I would just like to say a massive thank you to Liee Dess for nominating me!




Before I go through the rules, I just wanted to confirm what the Liebster award is. I have to admit I didn't have a clue beforehand being a new(ish) blogger! Firstly, this award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The word 'liebster' has German origins and has several definitions such as dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome and sweetheart. Cute, huh?

The Rules

1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back up to their blog 
2. State 11 facts about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions given to you by the nominator
4. Nominate 11 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers
5. Create 11 questions for your nominees to answer
6. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them

11 Facts about Me

1. I adopted a panda from WWF called Zho Xiong (pronounced Ju-Shong) because I love pandas so much!
2. I watch way too much reality T.V and am not even ashamed to admit that I LOVE the Kardashians!
3. My favourite season is summer
4. My favourite scents are coconut and pink grapefruit
5. I'm a big foodie and love to eat, cook and bake
6. When I was younger, I used to always shout "cheese, smile!" when having my photo taken
7. My middle name is Rose (you might have already guessed that considering the name of my blog haha)
8. I am extremely chatty and I am often being told to stop talking by my family because I'm giving them a headache!
9. I want to be a journalist, a makeup artist or a Disney princess when I'm older. I've still not decided which one I'm going to try and conquer first!
10. I have taken art, media and history as well as all of the compulsory subjects for GCSE
11. I am currently writing a book and I also like to write songs in my spare time! 

My Questions

1. When did you start blogging?

I started blogging on the 8th March 2014. I remember the date well because it's four days after my best friend's Birthday!

2. Why did you start blogging?

I started blogging because I have always had a flair for writing and I loved the idea of having a creative outlet online where I can let go and be myself. That's what I love about blogging, it's supposed to be informal, and that makes it all the more fun and enjoyable!

3. Do you take your inspiration from any blogs, if so, which ones?

I usually find inspiration from all over the shop - places, magazines etc. but one of the best ways to get my creative juices flowing is to see what other bloggers are blogging about. A few of my favourite blogs to read are Zoella, Sprinkle of Glitter and Lady Smart. I just love their interesting yet relatable style of writing! 

4. What is your favourite perfume?

I was recently given my first proper perfume (I've had body sprays and all them potions before) as a gift from my sister for Christmas so I'm going to have to say Victoria's Secret Bombshell as I haven't spread my wings and explored the world of perfume yet! I also really like my Mum's perfume Dior Addict

5. Any advice for other bloggers?

This goes for general life aswell as blogging, but you might feel pressurised or as if you have to exceed expectations but it is really important to stay true to yourself. It's hard to be original when it feels like everything has been done before but if you put a lot of time and effort into your blog, the rest should just (fingers crossed) fall into place!

6. Favourite store?

I love Forever 21 for amazing fashion and great value for money.

7. Would you rather live with no internet or cellphone?

I think it would be a lot easier to live without a cellphone as I could communicate with people using a landline phone! 

8. Favourite outfit?

At the moment, the outfit I featured in my OOTD: Getting Catty post back in June. 

9. Favourite pet?

My favourite animal is a panda but as far as I'm concerned they don't classify as a pet! I'm going to have to say a cat, I'm definitely a cat person.

10. Apple or Android?

Well, being an owner of 3 Apple electrical items and no Android items, I can't exactly go with Android, can I?

11. Favourite movie?

I always find this difficult to answer as I've watched a lot of movies in my time and they're all so different! I love Disney but I also like sentimental movies like Titantic, The Great Gatsby and Pearl Harbour. How soppy!

After lots of scouring the internet for fabulous blogs that don't have the recognition they deserve, I found 11 blogs that I would like to nominate for a Liebster award:

1. AnaSoup

2. Cristy Jade Lydia

3. Clothing Conscious

4. Imparfait Treasure

5. Touched by the Sunshine







Your Questions

1. When did you start blogging?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. What are your dreams for the future?
4. What is the best piece of advice you've been given?
5. Style icon?
6. Favourite makeup brand?
7. Favourite season?
8. Sweet or savoury?
9. Day or night?
10. Where do you get inspiration from for your blog?
11. What blogs do you enjoy reading? 

I would just like to say another thank you to Liee Dess and to all of you who are reading this. The support means a lot!

"Work hard in silence, let success be your noise." - Frank Ocean 

Lots of love,

Lily 





23 comments:

  1. Thankyou so much for nominating me, I have recently done this tag but Thankyou anyway! My favourite film is pearl harbour too! Xxx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Oh ok - I'm pretty sure you can nominate more than once (I hope!) haha, I'll check yours out! xxx

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for the nomination! I will do this soon! -- Lindsey xx

    http://touchedbythesunshine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for nominating me, love!
    But I just recently did this tag, if you want you can check it out!
    I also love forever 21, and am a huge fan of Dior Addict myself! :)
    Lovely blog! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Oh ok - I'm pretty sure you can nominate more than once (I hope!) haha, I'll check yours out! Thank you! xo

      Delete
  4. Hey Lily. Thank you for nominating me. I will do this soon.
    es. x
    imparfait-treasure.blogspot.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats. Great post. I love that outfit and I adore pandas too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Who doesn't love pandas, ey? :)

      Delete
  6. Such a nice post!
    Keep in touch xx
    Antonella :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a lovely outfit, congrats on the award =)

    I am following you now on gfc, would you like to follow me back so we can stay in touch?

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the nomination xx
    loved getting to know more about you,
    will make sure post mine soon

    http://emicphany.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're very welcome! I look forward to reading your post! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! You look so pretty by the way. On you being nominated and to those who were nominated! This is a great chance for your readers to get to know you with these questions! Its always such a joy to be nominated :) Officially your #27 follower on GFC, if you have 5 min to spare could check out my blog and maybe follow back would mean a lot

    Rebecca | Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it! Your blog is lovely, I'm now following :)

      Delete
  11. I just found out your blog! It is so gorgeous. <3


    www.beautybyadnill.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I also happen to love your blog too :)

      Delete
  12. absolutely love your blog! congrats on your nomination :) and your trip to lanzarote looked so so lovely.. your makeup looked flawless! x x x

    Smiling Soph

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much! It was lovely, ah that's so lovely of you to say, It's just a flattering camera! xxx

    ReplyDelete