Wednesday 13 August 2014

Get the Look: Muted Green and Purple Smokey Eye

I'm under the impression that my most recent blog posts have consisted of a cheesy introductory statement along the lines of something to do with summer embracing us soon. Is it just me though, or does it feel like summer is almost over? I know that's utterly ridiculous considering we still have a good two months or so left but I can't help but presume those months will fly by and before we know it we'll be roasting chestnuts on an open fire whilst voting for our 2014 X Factor winner. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is that I'm trying to relish every last drop of summer before Autumn approaches and if you can't get away with a green and purple smokey eye in summer, when can you? The jewel colours and warm undertones are so gorgeous and mesmerising. I also happen to think green and purple complement blue eyes amazingly but that's not saying this look won't look great on those with green and brown eyes too. 

That's right, I have (semi-permenant) pink hair!



Eyes
Base - Urban Decay Primer Potion
Lid - Maybelline Colour Tattoo Pure Pigments in 50 Forest Fatale
Outer crease - Dark shimmery purple from Lola Paleta Sombras de Ojos (eyeshadow palette) 
Inner corner/tearduct - Pale shimmery lilac from Lola Paleta Sombras de Ojos (eyeshadow palette) 
Bottom lash line - A gradient of the above eyeshadows from lightest to darkest
Bourjois Erasable Eyeliner
Nyx Fabulous Lashes in 212 Out of Control

Lips 

M.A.C Creme Cup Lipstick
Tanya Burr Picnic in the Park Lipgloss

I thought I would keep this post short and sweet but I just wanted to say that I am planning to post more regularly on my blog!

"Whether I'm wearing lots of makeup or no makeup, I'm always the same person inside." - Lady Gaga

Lots of love,

Lily



14 comments:

  1. Hi Lily, thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog and nominating me for the Liebster award <3
    I followed you, your posts are amazing. Love your hair, it contrasts so well with this make-up!
    Have a great day,
    Marina x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marina! You're welcome, you totally deserve it, your blog is great! Thank you so much, it means a lot! Have a lovely day too :) xxx

      Delete
  2. You look so gorgy!! Not just the eyes. You skin in glowing. LOVE IT.
    Es x x
    imparfait-treasure.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a big compliment, thank you Es! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are the most beautiful person I've ever seen!!
    mazing smokey eye as well:)
    Really love your blog,dear!
    Keep in touch xoxo
    Antonella :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! this is such a wonderfull tutorial! And you are really beautiful as well!! *-*
    Like your blog a lot! :)

    xoxo monia :**

    http://moniacagnazzo.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous makeup and loving the pink hair! :)
    New post:
    http://katiesdressingroom.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! It's gone now :( it was fun while I had it though!

    ReplyDelete