Friday 22 August 2014

London Sightseeing & Chocolate Tour

You're in store for a photo-heavy post today due to the fact my Mum and I spent yesterday strutting around London - our tootsies were rather achy at the end of the day! We actually had a chocolate tour planned for midday but we decided to get up there bright and early and spend some time visiting some of London's most iconic landmarks. Despite London being my capital city, there's actually a lot of it I hadn't and still haven't seen. I suppose that's an excuse to go another day though, huh?


First up - Big Ben. We were lucky enough to witness the clock being cleaned, how cool is that? 


I just hope none of them had a fear of heights!


Surprisingly, David Cameron didn't invite us in for a cup of tea that morning. It didn't stop us peering through the black bars and trying to get a sight of Downing Street though! 




We managed to catch the 'changing of the guard' outside the archway that leads to St. James' Park. Police were there to keep everyone safe as the regal black horses charged through the busy streets of Westminster. 




We had time for a few quick shots of Clarence House and Buckingham Palace before rushing off to our next stop - the chocolate tour!




We all met outside the Argentinian Coffee shop and were given our first taste of chocolate for the day - chocolate coated coffee beans. Even though my Mum and I aren't coffee fans we ate them politely! During the tour, we stopped at 6 different chocolate shops around London whilst learning all about the history of chocolate. I don't have many photos of the chocolate as I was too busy stuffing my face! 




Choccywoccydoodah wasn't actually part of the tour but it would have been sacrilege not to have stopped by after finding ourselves in Carnaby Street!


If you're not familiar with the TV show, Choccywoccydoodah make all of their wacky and bespoke cakes out of chocolate. How clever!



Once the tour had finished, we decided to continue our sightseeing with St. Paul's Cathedral and the Tower of London.

John Wesley, Father of Methodism

Here's me on the steps that lead to St. Paul's Cathedral, where Kate and Wills got married! 



Turns out we we weren't allowed to take any pictures in there (thanks to the lady for kindly telling me off) so enjoy this picture of the grand inside, it's all you're getting! 


It was so beautiful seeing the ceramic poppies mark the centenary of the outbreak of the First World War. I didn't know that the Tower of London was used for recruiting and training the troops.


Blood Swept Lands and Seas of Red
Tower Bridge

We had time for one last exertion at St. Katherine's Dock before heading home. I instantly recognised this boat as it looked similar to the one used for the Queen's Jubilee - it was infact Her majesty's boat!



What do you do when you find a telephone box located next to a letterbox? Take a photo of course! How incredibly British of me!


I am wearing:

Top - Select
Jeans - H&M
Boots - Topshop


"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford..." - Samuel Johnson 

Lots of love,

Lily

16 comments:

  1. Photo heavy posts are some of my favourites and you look like you had such a lovely day! The chocolate's look amazing! x

    Sunaina ❃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! I did thank you, and they were indeed! :) x

      Delete
  2. You got so much done in a day! I went for a day trip a couple weeks back and I was ready to fall asleep anywhere by the end of it. Your outfit's lovely and that chocolate looks like heaven. Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog :)

    www.lagerfeld-love.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I don't think I've ever walked so much in my life! I was so exhausted at the end of it too haha! Thank you and you're very welcome! x

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos. The chocolate tour looks really cool, and of course all the other landmarks are awesome as well

    Made in Mauve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was cool, I'd recommend it! Ah yes they are amazing :)

      Delete
  4. Hello:) A lovely blog you have here:)
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC/FB?
    If yes, please follow and let me know. I'll follow back instantly:)
    xx
    http://myhoneybook.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your blog is amazing, already one of my favourites! I'm now following you, that would be lovely thanks :) xx

      Delete
  5. I miss London so much after this post... Such a beautiful city x
    I would love to stay in touch with you, so if you want to follow each other on google (GFC) and bloglovin, please let me know! x
    Beataba.blogspot.com ❃

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooo many lovely Pictures! Love those Kind of Posts a lot! :)
    I'm planning a little weekend trip to London in novemeber....see if I can go! :3

    xoxo Monia :**
    http://moniacagnazzo.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love those types of posts too! Ah how exciting, if you do, have an amazing time! :) xxx

      Delete
  7. I love reading/seeing posts about London. I've been there last year and it was amazing. I want to go back. Hope you had a great time. Great post.

    LEJA

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah I love it there too! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're so lucky ! Hope I'm gonna visit London one day:)
    I'm also new to this world of blogging so It would mean a lot to me if anyone checked my blog and maybe followed? Thanks :)
    luxxveritatis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure you will one day! I'll take a look at your blog :)

    ReplyDelete