Sunday 17 August 2014

Back 2 School: Outfit Ideas & Drugstore Makeup


I'm already counting down the days until I'm back at school eeeeek! I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to it, I'm actually slightly nervous - year 10 is when things start to get serious! Anyway, let's brighten things up and talk makeup and fashion. 

When it comes to makeup, a lot of schools are strict and instruct students to keep their makeup natural looking. Also, you don't really want to be touching your makeup up all day long so I like to narrow things down to the bare minimum and keep things simple. Everything below is from drugstores and is super affordable. 


Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser   -   Rimmel Stay Matte Powder   -   Soap and Glory Trick or Treatment Concealer   -   Bourjois Healthy Mix Gel Foundation   -   Bourjois Maxi Delight Bronzer   -   KIKO Glow Touch Lips & Cheeks in 103 Heavy Honeysuckle

Outfit Ideas

Outfit 1 - Geek chic





The tartan trend is appropriate for school and fashionable outside of school. The tailored, buttoned skirt and peter pan collar are cute but smart and the thick-framed glasses make this outfit even more studious looking. The classic brown leather side bag is small in size but a structured shape making it easy to pack things. Other accessories include some adorable heart earrings and a watch to tell the time. This chick got it all sorted. 

Top - New Look
Skirt - Forever 21
Shoes - New Look
Watch - Chanel
Earrings - Primark
Glasses - Claire's Accessories
Bag - Primark


Outfit 2 - Skool Punk Rocker






Here is a great example of how tartan can be worn with different styles. The basic white t-shirt makes the necklace a statement piece and the leather jacket and tasselled side bag with studs add some spunk to the preppy skirt. As for hair, having it all over to one side with the little plaits is edgy yet pretty. 
Top - Primark
Skirt - Select
Jacket - H&M
Bag - Peacocks
Bangles - Primark 
Necklace - Next


Outfit 3 - Casual Chick






It's home time! Woohoo!




The bright floral leggings are fun and quirky but also comfortable and therefore a great match with this laidback knitted jumper. The backpack and hair plait keep the outfit young and vibrant and the Converse are a practical addition to this casual yet bold look.

Jumper - New Look
Leggings - Forever 21
Backpack - Market stall (sorry!)
Earrings - Primark
Watch - Chanel
Converse All Stars

For those of you returning back to school in the forthcoming weeks, good luck and most importantly, have fun!

"Work hard, have fun, make history." - Jeff Bezos

Lots of love,

Lily

16 comments:

  1. Such an awesome post! :)
    Love your pink converses. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those trousers xx

    http://cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last outfit is my favorite. Reminds me so much of school and how I liked to be comfy cute ahhhh. Especially after a week of dressing up. I also love the pink converse!

    doitfortheirony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. your bun is absolute perfection!
    Also, i love the sweater u got from New Look <3
    I wish we had New Look here so I wouldnt have to wait for 14 days
    before I receive them via post

    Pls. (if you can) check out my blog <3 Im just starting out. I have a couple of posts already and I would REALLY appreciate the support
    (im sorry if this sounded desperate)
    http://bcfactor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah that's a long time to wait, how annoying! I've taken a look at your blog - it's great!

      Delete
  5. Thank you, I'm now following back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh this brings back so many memories for me! i could just about get away with wearing concealer and a little mascara at my school! great outfit ideas - enjoy year 10!

    Elena | A Style Shake

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the struggle well! Thank you :) x

      Delete
  7. Great post and cute outfit ideas :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin and GFC. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted. Thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Camille! I am following your blog with GFC :) xo

      Delete
  8. These are some great outfits! And don't be nervous, I just finished yr11 and although it can be stressful as like as you keeo uo to date and do the work im sure you'll be fine! Good luck!

    owlsinthesummer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for the reassurance! I go back tomorrow so this has made me feel a bit more positive about it lol. Good luck with year 12! :)

    ReplyDelete