Sunday 23 March 2014

Spring Fashion Lookbook

Spring has finally arrived and the sun is shining and the birds are singing. Living in England though, there's always a slight chill in the air and it can be hard to dress in the difficult transition from winter to spring as you want to dress appropriately for the temperature, but add your own fashionable mark that fits the upcoming trends. Below are three outfits that I threw together which are both practical yet stylish for the season. 

Outfit 1 - 60s Flower Power





This cute floral print over-sized tee is perfect for picnics or walks where you want to feel comfortable as well as look the part. I have belted the t-shirt so it is more flattering, and added a pair of tights so it can be worn as a dress and so I don't get too cold! The bold pattern and block colours are a taste of the 60s, and fashion from that era is definitely going to be big this year. I am wearing a pair of big flower earrings and have backcombed my hair and tied it into a low ponytail for an even more 6os inspired look. For shoes, I have gone for my absolute staple. These black boots go with anything and everything as they are so versitile!


T-shirt - Primark
Belt - Primark
Shoes - Topshop
Earrings - New Look

Outfit 2 - Cool 'n' Casual






This outfit is probably the most simple of them all, but it's my favourite! I find skater skirts super flattering and I don't think they will ever go out of fashion for the spring/summer time. This particular skater skirt is especially suitable for spring because of the pretty daisies. I have thrown on a light, popcorn textured crop jumper for warmth and I think it adds a cool edge to the look. Again, I am wearing black tights so it is appropriate for the weather, and my favourite black boots. The gold studs embellished on the sides can instantly add a hint of pazazz to your look too. For accessories, I am wearing a gold floral necklace to jazz up the simple jumper and a cool ring/bracelet combination. I haven't even bothered styling my hair, but I think you can get away with that as it's such an effortless look.


Jumper - New Look
Skirt - H&M
Boots - Topshop
Ring/bracelet - New Look
Necklace - Claire's Accessories

Outfit 3 - Country Chic




Tazzy is wearing REAL fur for spring!

I was inspired by the fashion in my favourite programme 'Nashville' for this country looking outfit. The floral ankle-length skirt and lacey top both have a unique, folky look and the brown, leather belt is a pretty addition to the busy skirt. I have kept my hair relatively simple by pulling it to one side to leave all focus on the outfit. Believe it or not, I haven't opted for my black boots for this look! Instead, I am wearing pink pumps with sparkly bows but I have worn this outfit previously with sandals and I think they go perfectly. I wasn't prepared to dig those out from my holiday pile though!


Skirt - New Look
Top - New Look
Shoes - Deichmann

I hope I have given you a few ideas of what to wear this spring! What is your staple fashion item for this time of year?

"The one who follows the crowd will usually go no further than the crowd. Those who walk alone are likely to find themselves in places no one has ever been before." - Albert Einstein

Lots of love,

Lily



No comments:

Post a Comment