Thursday 27 March 2014

Cara Delevingne Makeup Look

I am a massive Cara Delevingne fan. Not only do I have serious eyebrow envy, but I love everything about her. Being my first beauty blog post, I didn't want it to be just a makeup look but I wanted to more or less transform myself into a well known celebrity. I thought I would go for somebody with similar colour eyes to me as I'm too much of a scaredy cat to risk the eye contacts at the moment! I have re-created one of Cara's more simple looks as I wanted to concentrate less on eyes and more on contouring and eyebrows. I am so in love with the makeup, that I will definitely be wearing it again. As for the brows, I'm not quite brave enough yet to rock those in public!

1) Contouring

I used my M.A.C Studio Sculpt Concealer that is a couple of shades lighter than my natural skin tone to highlight certain areas like my nose bridge, the centre of my forehead, my under-eye area, my cupid's bow and my chin.


Using M.A.C Pro Longwear Foundation in a couple of shades darker than my skin tone I applied that to my cheekbones, the temples of my forehead and besides my nose bridge for the illusion of a slimmer nose.


I gently buffed in my skin-matching foundation, Bourjous Healthy Mix, using circular motions and erased any under-eye darkness with my usual concealer, the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer. I then set it all into place with the Ben Nye Banana Powder.


2) Eyebrows

You can use eye shadow or pencil for the next step. I used my favourite eyebrow pencil, the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz to outline the shape of Cara's brows and fill them in. Oh, and don't forget to soften them with an eyebrow spoolie, it's the key to natural looking brows!



3) Eyes

Any matte brown will do for the eyes. I used Buck from the Urban Decay Naked Pallette 1 and I think it is the perfect shade for a Cara smokey eye. I put this all over my lid and under my lower lash line. 


 I then put Darkhorse, a darker brown, in the crease and under the lower lash line again for some added depth and for a more intense look. Make sure to blend everything out!


Next, I ran my Nyx Jumbo eye-pencil in the colour Yoghurt along my waterline for the appearance of bigger, rounder eyes. Putting gold on the waterline opens your eyes in a more subtle way and keeps them looking sultry.



 I obviously added a generous amount of mascara to finish off the eyes! This is Rimmel's Lash Accelerator Mascara.


4) Cheeks, lips and nostrils!

Other than the eyebrows of course, I think Cara's cheekbones are one of her most prominent features. They're super defined so don't be afraid to apply a generous amount of bronzer! I also brushed my favourite bronzer, Nars Laguna, on my jawline, besides my nose bridge and on my forehead temples.


Using the same pencil I used to draw my eyebrows on, I made my nostrils bigger and wider for a more similar nose to Cara's. 


Cara isn't typically known for wearing blusher, but I did notice a slight hint of coral on the apples of her cheeks in this particular look I am following. I used the Milani Baked Blush in 'Coralista'.


Taking a lip liner that was nearest to my lip colour, I changed the shape of my lips to look more like Cara's. Cara's lips are quite wide and the corners are very pointy. They almost face downards when she is not smiling. 


I then popped on a Cremesheen lipstick from M.A.C called Night to Remember and kept experimenting with different lipsticks over the top until I achieved the desired orangey red colour. I even used brown eye shadow to tone down the brightness and keep the lips looking  more grungy. I neatened the lips with some concealer too so that the lines were clean and precise.

Just a reminder of what I looked like before:


And here is the finished look! 



I even dyed my hair especially!

My Cara funny face!


Maybe you could re-create this makeup look for an upcoming occasion, or if you're like me, just for fun! 

"Beauty, to me, is about being comfortable in your own skin. That, or a kick-ass red lipstick." - Gwyneth Paltrow

Lots of love,

Lily

1 comment:

  1. You have such amazing skin oh my god!! And the eyebrows look sooo good x

    ReplyDelete