Sunday 8 February 2015

Valentine's Red Velvet & White Chocolate Brownies

I have a confession to make. I can't lie and pretend this post is something its not for those of you have clicked this expecting to see proper red brownies and that. I tried making them red velvet but my food colouring wasn't co-operating with me (where's the festive spirit, colour of love?) so unfortunately that means my brownies are more 'brown/terracotta velvet and white chocolate' which quite frankly doesn't have the same ring to it and makes them pretty un-Valentine's. Infact, they're so far from Valentine's that this might aswell be an anti-Valentine's recipe for any single pringles staying in on the 14th and looking for a chocolatey, comforting treat to spend the night with. Nevertheless, they taste good and if I chuck on a couple of heart borders that makes it fit for the holiday of love, right?


Ingredients:

1 cup of caster sugar
3/4 cup of plain flour
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
8 tbsps butter
2 eggs
1/2 tsp cider or white vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
White chocolate buttons
1 tbsp of red food colouring OR save time and don't bother!

Mix together the melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt and red food colouring. 


Whisk the eggs in a seperarate bowl and pour in the mixture along with the vinegar.



Fold in the flour and pour into a greased tin.



Add the buttons for a gooey white chocolate twist!
Pop it in the oven at 176 degrees celcius / 350 degrees fahrenheit /  gas mark 4 and leave to bake for 30 minutes and enjoy warm or cold!



Apologies for the amount of brownie recipes already on my blog. I promise I can think outside the brownie box, just leave your suggestions below as to what recipes you'd like to see next!

"No relationship is all sunshine, but two people can share one umbrella and survive the storm together." - Unknown

Lots of love,

Lily

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment