Sunday 11 January 2015

NEW YEAR RESOLUTIONS


Hello 2015! Now I know what you're thinking - aren't I 11 days late or so to jump on the "new year, new me" bandwagon? Well you'd be correct in thinking that, however, I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't even STARTED fulfilling my resolutions yet. In fact, I'm still my usual 2014 self. I know that I'm a pro at procrastinating so this year was all about setting REALISTIC goals. I'm excited for the fresh start but is anyone else with me when I say I can't begin a new chapter on a Thursday?! Waking up a new person on the 1st of January was definitely out of the question so I tried to put my words into practice last Monday but miserably failed because it was the first week back at school and come on, that's enough turmoil to get used to. Now though people, 12 days into the new year, and back into the swing of things, I think I'm ready to give this thing a go!

So, without further ado, the resolutions:

 - Take care of my inside as well as my outside. Bit of a risky sounding headline but what I mean is I want to take better care of my health. This isn't the typical 'lose weight' resolution though. Yes, I'm going to make more of an effort to cut out the bad foods but not because I want to drop pounds but because I want to feel clean and full of energy. My immune system was pretty poor last year and I'm still recovering from my last illness so I think it's about time to re-vitalise my body as I want to be fitter than ever this year. I already have a few rituals that I perform daily such as coconut oil pulling but I want to begin a proper exercise and skin care routine and breathe in the air more by going on long walks and who knows, maybe I'll even stretch myself to a jog!

 - Organise my life. This one thrills me the most as I have a big, beautiful organiser from Paperchase staring me in the face right now. It's basically your bog-standard pukka note book with to do lists and COLOURED FLAGS. Nothing excites me more than a good old coloured flag to organise my junk. With this new organiser also comes a new strict blogging routine as I began to slack towards the end of 2014. I will now be posting a new blog every Sunday so keep your eyes peeled and check back weekly for fashion, beauty and lifestyle bits and bobs! 

 - PMA, PMA, PMA! I'm a big believer in a positive mind makes for a happier person (so much so that I actually just made that up myself) so I want to prevent any negative thoughts by channeling pure positivity. I'm looking forward to being the best version of myself that I can possibly be. Ok, DONE WITH DA CHEEZE NOW. 

Let me know what YOU are doing differently this year, and I would also take extreme enjoyment in finding out if there are any fellow new-year-resolution-delayers out there!

"Be the change you want to see in the world." - Mohandas Gandhi

Lots of love,

Lily



No comments:

Post a Comment