Tuesday 9 September 2014

Get the Look: Million Dollar Eyes

Start with an eyeshadow primer or light gel-cream eyeshadow. I used Maybelline Colour Tattoo in 35 On and on Bronze. Then apply Maybelline Colour Tattoo Pure Pigments in 50 Forest Fatale (a khaki green shimmer eyeshadow) all over the lid. Blend a light shimmery brown in the outer crease and wing it out. I am using Smog from the Urban Decay Naked Palette 1 (all of the eyeshadows I used were from that palette).


 Taking Darkhorse, a darker shimmery brown, blend that in the crease on top of Smog but don't extend it out as much. This way the eyeshadows will work as a gradient and blend seamlessly. Next, blend Darkhouse in the outer corner of the crease for even more depth.


I then added Half Baked (a shimmery gold) to the inner corner/tearduct and the centre of the lid. Doing this will open the eye up. 


To add some intensity, I lined my waterline and tightline with a black eye pencil. I then applied a generous amount of liquid eyeliner and winged it out. I also put the previous eyeshadows used under my bottom lash line in a gradient from darkest to lightest and finished with lots of Loreal Telescopic mascara. 


And that's the finished eye look. Just out of interest, do you guys prefer to be taken through thoroughly step by step when it comes to makeup tutorials or are you a fan of the more laid-back 'girl-to-girl' chatting style?

"When it comes to mascara, my rule is to look for the blackest black - it's the secret to making your eyes pop." - Bobbi Brown

Lots of love,

Lily






14 comments:

  1. Love your choice of colours! It's nice to seeing green shadows being used, especially as we're approaching Autumn.

    Check out my new youtube video for Cat Eyes! :)

    Fleur x

    http://itsmefleur.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful look! Love how you used green shadows. :)



    www.beautybyadnill.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The green isn't super noticeable or anything but just adds a little something :)

      Delete
  3. Oh that looks so nice! I'm terrible with eyeshadow, maybe this will help me out, haha xx

    signbeforeyouseal.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely! You have beautiful eyes!

    New post in my blog it'll mean the world to me if you check it out :)
    http://mathildasbeautylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have just found your blog from Zoella's out of the comments and your blog is amazing! This eye makeup also looks incredible! I am definitely going to follow your blog :)

    I would be so appreciative if you could check out my blog!

    elwillmer.blogspot.com
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww wow that's lovely of you, thank you! Of course! xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous make-up, it looks so beautiful! :)

    Layla xx

    www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely makeup on beautiful eyes :)

    x vonyll
    http://pinupgalore.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete