Wednesday 30 April 2014

Beyoncé Makeup Look

So I previously did a Cara Delevingne makeup look and I got so many lovely comments that I was eager to transform myself into another well-known celebrity. There wasn't much deliberating who to do next, Beyoncé being my favourite person pretty much EVER. I re-created a penultimate Beyoncé look circa 2010 that she wore at the Grammy's. 





1) Face and brows

I started by using a dark foundation to match Beyonce's skin tone. I experimented with different concealers and foundations untill I had the perfect match. I then concealed my under-eye area with The Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer and put that along my nose bridge, on my cupid's bow, on my chin and in the centre of my forehead. 



I then drew on my eyebrows in the shape of Beyoncé's. I think I may have got a bit carried away with the thickness though, oops! My brows aren't identical either, but don't stress about making them perfect; Beyonce's eyebrows are super defined but they're not perfectly groomed. Besides, eyebrows are sisters, not twins!



2) Eyes

Taking a dark black eye shadow, I can't remember which one I used, I applied this all over the lid and above for a dramatic wing. You might want to use a baby wipe or apply some sellotape for a clean, sharp edge. 


Now for a bit of sparkle! I took Sin from the Urban Decay Naked Pallette 1 and ran it under my bottom lash line and put it in the tearduct. I then went over that with M.A.C's Vanilla Pigment for some extra glisten. 


I then ran a black eye pencil from Victoria's Secret along my waterline and tightline and used the Rimmel Lash Accelerator mascara. All that was left was to pop in some light brown eye contacts. 



3) Bronzing and Glossing

After a bit of bronzing using Nars Laguna, I contoured my nose bridge so it looked a bit slimmer and added some outer shadows for the appearance of a wider, rounder nose.



Lastly, lips. Using  a lip pencil from Victoria's Secret I turned my non-existent top lip into a fuller one and added a bit of plumpness using Rimmel Stay Glossy lip gloss in 101 Non-stop glamour.


A quick glimpse of my bare face before:



And here is the finished look!

I edited my hair online for a more accurate representation!

Have fun releasing your inner Beyoncé! 

"Your life is your message to the world. Make it inspiring. Write something worth reading." - Beyoncé

Lots of love,

Lily

2 comments: